A medicinal spice
The popularity of turmeric curcumin as one of the potent supplements when it comes to alternative medicine is surfacing fast worldwide. There are a lot of scientific studies that proved its medicinal worth, not to mention that researchers continue to discover more amazing health benefits from the understated golden spice. Most people simply know it as one of the spices used in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine. However, it’s more than just an ordinary seasoning.
For centuries, turmeric was traditionally used in Chinese and Indian fold medicine for its healing properties. In ancient time, the roots of the plant are boiled and dried then ground into a fine powder. Today, there are already high quality turmeric curcumin capsules available in the market and due to unhealthy lifestyle and diet, many individuals take supplements as a way of compensating what the body lacks.
Turmeric comes from the Curcuma longa plant that contains curcumin, a compound with powerful anti-inflammatory and antiseptic qualities that is able to treat a wide range of illnesses. Curcumin’s healing properties got the attention of many researchers, in fact, there are about 7,000 peer-reviewed scientific articles evaluating its effectiveness and several of them are in print. Some of the profound healing benefits in the body base on most recent research studies published show that turmeric curcumin may help:
- Supports arthritis, since it has high anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric pills is beneficial in managing osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. A recent study in Japan shows that regular curcumin intake can significantly reduced the inflammatory markers and prevent onset of the disease.
- Potent adversary to cancer as it helps to inhibit cancer cell growth. Turmeric curcumin works on a cellular level by improving the mitochondrial functions and as a result, antioxidant levels are increased including the immune system.
- Effective anti-inflammatory alternative for chronic inflammation and pain. A published study shows that turmeric is one of the most potent natural anti-proliferative agents available, not to mention that it’s safer than other pain medication since it’s all natural and has lasting results with fewer side effects.
- Helps with diabetes base on the published article in Biochemistry and Biophysical Research Communications because curcumin reverses insulin resistance and suppresses glucose production in the liver which results to lowered blood glucose levels. It even reduces plaque buildup in the arteries and improves metabolic functions of patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Improves depression symptoms and makes individuals with major depressive disorder feeling a lot better. A clinical trial participated by 60 individuals depression shows that curcumin is as potent as the anti-depressive drugs without the dangerous side effects of regular medications.
Turmeric has tons of health benefits and uses. In fact, the list goes on as researches continue. There are many ways to take it as medicinal alternative, could be in powder form, tea, as spice added in foods, or turmeric curcumin capsule form. It is versatile that its benefits are enjoyed in any form, although the supplements have higher potency since its pure curcumin extract.